Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thank You Baptism Poems Baptism By Claude McKay?

Baptism by Claude McKay? - thank you baptism poems

What is the meaning of baptism poem? What is the general sense? If you do not mind, please give me a line by line translation and analysis. Thank you!

Baptism


In the furnace let me go alone;
Stay in terror, without heat.
I will be naked - tanto''tis So Sweet --
In the depths of the hottest odd.
I will not shiver in your bones brittle
Does not seem the shadow of defeat;
My heart trembles to fulfill his destiny,
My mouth to express his demands.
The yawning oven spits fire nozzles, etc.;
Languages Note aspish red, without my name.
Desire destroys, consumes my mortal fears,
Become a path of flames.
I go back to your world of tears
A strong mind in a further purpose.

Claude McKay

2 comments:

lar said...

Thank you for sharing this poem by C. McKay. I had never heard before. For me, it has several meanings, but I think it's a relationship if it consumes other and when they arise, on the other hand, we are stronger in love with each other, etc. The poem is also several other meanings also.

classmat... said...

The sacrament of Christian baptism with water, as I'm sure you know. Some believe that baptism cleanses the soul washing of original sin. Others believe that as an initiation rite for the whole family or a community of Christianity.

The term "baptism of fire" refers to an examination, tests and strengthens a person or an experience that someone starts a new level of commitment or engagement and experience. The first fight of the soldiers or the first season of a politician or an actor first Broadway show or murder in the first examination by a lawyer - all could be a complaint from the baptism of fire.

This poem is not clear what an examination or test it encounters, but it is clear that it is the task difficult, and expected to be strengthened. Read a good encyclopedia article on the life of McKay, a better idea of what kind of tests and examinations he presented preserved.

Probably it is a poem about a romantic relationship. In the first two lines orand he says he will only give you the fire, and told another person who is not with him. A relationship poem to speak, walk, along the fire.

Post a Comment